If you are planning to travel to Dubai and enjoy the most out of it, worry no more because this city has one of the most organize transportations in the world. It will be easy for you to find the tourist spots very accessible to public transportation and at the same time, you can be assure that you’ll be brought to your destination safe and sound. Road and Transport Authority, Dubai’s government sector that manages road and transportation concerns is in continuously bringing innovations and improvement to make the travel of its citizens, residents and tourists a breeze.
One of the best means of transportation I truly love in Dubai is the Dubai Metro or Dubai Metro Train. Aside from giving its riders’ a very convenient access to the malls, offices, and hotels, the Metro train is also considered to be one of the well-maintained trains and train stations. I can attest to how clean the stations are, how easy it easy to go through their directions and how fast and efficient the trains are. FYI, So are you ready to get to know more on how to travel using the Dubai Metro Train? Well then let’s go!
For residents, like me, it’s a must that you have a nol card with you coz you use it to pay for the metro train, buses (water or land), Parking and Dubai Tram. Note that CASH is not allowed to pay for the buses and tram.
|Features||Silver Nol||Gold Nol||Personal Nol||Red ticket|
|can be used on||Metro, Bus, Water Bus, Parking||Metro, Bus, Water Bus, Parking||Metro, Bus, Water Bus, Parking||Bus, Metro & Water Bus|
|Get it from||Ticket office, RTA Customer service center, Authorized sales agents||Metro ticketing offices||Ticket Office, Online||Ticket Offices, Ticket vending machine|
|Required Documents||None||None||Photo and National ID
1. Disabled card: Copy of Disability card (for the disabled);
2. Senior Card: National ID and Photo only;
3. Student card: A stamped letter from school (for students)
|Price||AED 25 (and this includes AED 19 e-purse value)||AED 25 (and this includes AED 19 e-purse value)||AED 70 (and this includes AED 20 e-purse value)||Depends on your destination|
|Requires Activation||No||No||Yes, at the ticketing office||No|
|Validity||5 years||5 years||5 years||90 days|
|Top Up/Loading places||Ticketing offices, Ticket Vending machines, RTA Customer service center||Ticketing offices, Ticket Vending machines, RTA Customer service center||Ticketing offices, Ticket Vending machines, RTA Customer service center|
Take note of the following:
- Always keep your card with you and don’t forget to tap in once when you ride and tap out when you get off the vehicle. There are inspector that checks your card whether you did this, if found that you didn’t tap in, then they will charge you with ticket violation. (Fine is AED 200)
- When you are in any RTA vehicles, eating (even chewing of gums) and drinking is not allowed. (Fine is AED 100)
- There is a designated coach for women and children which is the first three coaches. Men are not allowed to stay in the women’s coach. Fine is AED 100.
- Do not put your feet on the seats. (Fine is AED 100); Smoking and carrying alcoholic drinks inside public transport is not allowed. (Fine is AED 200)
- Using forged NOL card or ticket. Fine is AED 500.
- Tampering or operating emergency facility/devices if not required. Fine is AED 2000.
- Be considerate to other people. Avoid shouting or talking in loud voices and playing music.
- Give seats to the pregnant women and women with young children.
- Avoid blocking and standing near the door if there are still space inside.
- Keep the vehicle and the station clean and smells good.